BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Data Center Operations Technician
- Job Title
- Data Center Operations Technician
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Shifts: 2 open shifts. Sundays – Wednesday (5:30pm to 5:30am)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
The Data Center operations technician is responsible for the operations, maintenance, and monitoring of data center operations and supporting infrastructure. This is a mid-level position into a 24/7 Data Center operations group
The Data Center operations technician actively provides tier 2+ network monitoring and systems administration & support of Data center Operation in support of critical CONUS and OCONUS operations. The Data Center Ops team is responsible for detailed operations documentation and reporting of events with follow through until resolution. The team operates 24/7/365 and must follow operational procedures and guidelines established by leadership to include some knowledge of business structure and interdependencies between departmental applications.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Certification: Must have current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology, or the computer sciences, or related technical discipline, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: 5+ years of directly related experience in systems administration of preferably Windows and Linux OS systems is a must.
- Direct technical experience in Virtualization administration, preferably VMWare.5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following areas: Data center Operations, Network Ops Center Operations, Enterprise-level network monitoring and/or virtual infrastructure monitoring.
- 5+ year providing Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment.
- Familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
- High level understanding of data center components.
- Desired solid understanding of the ITIL framework.
Duties will be related to all listed experiences. To include:
- Conducts real-time, pro-active monitoring of all compute and local area networking resources within the data centers (including Virtual Infrastructure, data center LAN, virtual servers, Storage solutions, databases) across multiple sites.
- Identify, analyze, responds, triages, and troubleshoot/resolve system alerts indicating issues with data center components.
- Conducting hands-on administration of virtual machines, hosts, and devices via vCenter, remote desktop protocols, and other virtualized management interfaces. Administration consists of, but is not limited to: assessing all virtual resources, consoling into virtual machines, creating/deleting virtual snapshots, fully triaging virtual server issues, and restarting virtual machines.
- Support diagnoses and troubleshooting of problems/issues with the virtualization environment including Microsoft Windows and Linux O/S systems.
- Provide systems diagnostics and availability monitoring and reporting/escalation services
- Perform incident capture, verification, diagnostics and escalation
- Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance.
- Provides first response for all associated, technical engineering lanes within the data center
- Manages, record and tracks compute configuration changes as approved by Configuration Change Control Boards
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and operational reporting protocol for the purpose of communicating system and network health with upper management, government customers, mission partners, ASPs, and agency executives.
- Interact with vendors to coordinate the maintenance and replacement of hardware that effects high and critical systems and environments
- Maintain extremely accurate, high level reporting of all issues
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the ITEMS Data Center Services baseline capabilities, design and objectives.
- Provide systems diagnostics and availability monitoring and reporting/escalation services.
- Perform incident capture, verification, diagnostics and escalation.
- Working familiarity of VMware ESX 6.0/6.5/6.7
- Working familiarity of Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Working familiarity of Unix/Linux
- Strong understanding of enterprise networks including load balancers, routers, switches
- Experience with enterprise–level monitoring suites/software preferably BMC TrueSight, SolarWinds
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the current industry hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more relevant technologies
- Ability to identify trends and drive key metrics
- Ability to make correct data-driven judgments
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task and priorities for operational deliverables
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot using Window server logs, monitoring and network analysis tools
- Remedy and/or ServiceNow Experience a plus
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Community
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills