- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Set Solutions (https://www.setsolutions.com/) is a rapidly-growing technology service delivery and consulting company. We’re always on the hunt for new talent, especially for engineers and integrators that have experience building secure, enterprise-grade solutions. If you’re hungry to make a meaningful, positive difference in the professional lives of our clients, then we’re interested in learning more about you. Set Solutions is looking for men and women possessing sterling integrity, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work efficiently in a diverse and high-energy team.
Location: Set Solutions is seeking a Senior Splunk Engineer for its growing Splunk practice in its Houston, Texas corporate office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Deploy and configure Splunk solutions to help clients effectively manage security threat, risks and incidents
- Demonstrate previous experiences, share standard methodologies, and build creative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Examine and understand customer requirements
- Architect, build, and expand on existing solutions to solve challenging customer problems.
- Developing dashboards, designing data models, and delivering analysis of data to customers
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Senior Security Engineer with solid background in Splunk.
- 3 years’ experience with deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of SIEM appliances
- Expert level SIEM knowledge – primarily with Splunk
- Hands-on ability to manage distributed Splunk cluster infrastructure and all related components
- In-depth knowledge of Splunk SPL and visualization
- Advanced scripting skills like Perl, Bash, Python, and Java preferred
- CISSP, CEH, Splunk Certified Architect, or Splunk Accredited Engineer certifications highly desired but not required
- Professional communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- A Bachelor or advanced degree is preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
At Set Solutions we know that people are drawn to a company for more than just a paycheck. That’s why we offer premium medical, dental, and vision plans from Aetna. Unlike our peers in the industry Set Solutions pays 100% of your insurance premiums and 50% for your dependents’ premiums. We also match your contributions in our reliable 401(k) retirement plan. We include team member life insurance. Additionally, working for Set Solutions brings the opportunity to learn from some of the best security-focused consultants in our market sector.
Set Solutions main headquarters is located in the Galleria neighborhood of Houston. You can step outside of our building and have dozens of great dining and shopping options available within a short walk or drive. Taking a client out for a working lunch? Taking your significant other out for a dinner to remember? Just need another pair of exotic cowboy boots? Pretty much everything you’ll want or need outside of work is located nearby. We’re right next to Highway 610, the loop that surrounds downtown Houston, so you can get most places in the Houston Metro area quickly. Don’t expect to spend nine-to-five in the office every day, though; the nature of consultative selling means that our people are constantly on the move. We go where our clients need us! Every client has a unique culture that’s worth getting to know. Working for Set Solutions is a great way to see the country while you do great work for our customers and partners.
Set Solutions offers nine holidays each year. For those team members that have unique social, religious and other needs in order to maximize special time with family and friends we offer special consideration that can be agreed upon with your supervisor.
Set Solutions Core Values:
- Do whatever it takes for the customer.
- Be an engineering driven organization.
- Associate with and represent only best-in-breed technology hardware and software solutions.
- Be a leader in technology thought and innovation.
- Be passionate and determined.
- Build a positive team and family spirit.
- Earn our client’s trust every day and keep it for life.