VP of Business Development
- Job Title
- VP of Business Development
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
The VP of Business Development will be responsible for assisting in developing, driving and implementing strategy for ION including overseeing the identification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and licensing agreements. The VP will also be responsible for supporting the Business Development, Sales and Marketing teams in the development of growth strategy, to align on strategic business plan and roadmaps for organic and inorganic growth based on understanding company strategy, goals and objectives.
- Works in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer to establish strategic short-and-long-term growth targets; develops market strategic plan, ensures plan alignment with company goals and balances region resources to ensure effective implementation and execution of strategic plan.
- Drives the development and supports the execution of the strategic plan as it relates to business development; assists in developing the growth strategy as it relates to joint ventures, clinical integration, and professional services agreement arrangements (PSA).
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for business expansion, including clinical program development, geographic expansion, and practice or other business acquisitions which align with business development goals.
- Identify successful merger/acquisition opportunities with independent physician practices; de novo joint venture partnerships and the creation of comprehensive cancer centers.
- Builds collaborative relationships with management teams and physician leaders, providing functional direction or project oversight, as requested, for entity planning or business development functions.
- Collaborates with other leaders to support broader growth objectives throughout the organization.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing and valuation of new business opportunities.
- Coordinates with Sales, Marketing and Clinical Education teams in the development of programs supporting organizational strategy and objectives, both short and long range.
- Work with M&A team, operations team and legal resources to move transaction through the company to closure.
- Develop financial models to support projects.
- Lead and/or support special projects as assigned or needed.
- Contribute to the corporate strategic growth plan.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule necessary.
- Minimum BA/BS in related field.
- Minimum of ten years in business development, sales, marketing, consulting, physician consulting and/or M&A experience.
- Demonstrated superior skills in working with physician leaders and developing relationships with outside organizations.
- Knowledge of finance and valuation methodologies.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and business planning processes, including financials, particularly as they relate to healthcare.
- Strong contract negotiation skills.
- Extensive travel required up to 50%
- Master’s degree in business administration, health administration or related area.
- Prior M&A experience in healthcare industry
Strong leadership skills. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia