BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Junior Linux Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- Junior Linux Systems Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA 20191
- Other Location
- Washington, DC and Herndon, VA
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
Required Certifications: DoD IAT Level II, i.e. Security+CE, CySA+, etc above or ability to obtain before start date.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience is ideal. Years of experience can be applied based on the education level. HSG/GED/Associates, Bachelors, and above considered.
Required Experience: Linux systems administration experience.
- Execute efforts supporting incremental software deliveries that could require reconfiguration and continuous restructuring / builds of the current infrastructure as new baselines are delivered.
- Selected candidates will initially be responsible for: GOTs/COTs SW installs, monitor system health, remedying problems, Security Hardening, perform updates and patching.
- Can be expected to work individually, participate actively on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects and/or teams.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, take steps to resolve issues.
- Expected to perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- May direct multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Background in Linux administration, particularly RedHat
- Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives, and data recovery.
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages (sh, bash, perl)
- Experience with VMWare vSphere
- Experience with NetBackup
- Experience with VMWare storage technologies (e.g., VMDK, vSAN)
- Familiarity monitoring systems using Splunk
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills