BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Web Application Developer
- Job Title
- Web Application Developer
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Required Experience: Eight (8) years’ experience in .Net web application development, Oracle SQL, and associated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, TOAD, and IIS; Bachelor’s Degree highly desired
We are in search of Web Application Developer to join an established team in designing, developing, testing, and deploying web-based applications in a .Net IIS environment in supporting ongoing development and operations on an established contract. As the Web Application Developer, you will work both individually and in a team environment to develop database-driven web application solutions based on provided requirements.
- Solutions will be developed utilizing C#/VB.Net interfacing with an Oracle backend utilizing SQL.
- Requires knowledge of web activities, techniques, tools, HTML, and GUI design.
- Experience working with RDMS (Oracle preferred), experience with data warehouses is a plus.
- Oracle SQL, and associated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, TOAD, and IIS are a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills are important.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal guidance.
- Participate as a team member and coordinate activities with other teams.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules based on customer needs.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to work and interact with various levels of contractor and government personnel.
- Provide individualized user support as necessary.
- Personal computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Intermediate or better personal computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office software, intermediate to advanced abilities with SQL and experience working with RDMS (Oracle preferred) and data warehouses.
- Requires advanced knowledge of web activities, techniques, tools, Oracle SQL, HTML, JAVA and GUI design.
- Should have the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and be able to adjust to continuously changing priorities and schedules based on customer needs
- Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills are important
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills