BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Oracle SQL Developer
- Job Title
- Oracle SQL Developer
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Education: Bachelor's degree and five to eight (5-8) years of professional experience is required
- Five to eight (5-8) years of professional experience is required
- Advanced expertise in Oracle database administration
Seeking an Oracle SQL Developer to write statements to extract data from the customer’s data warehouse and work with database applications. Activities involve interaction with web application developers and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases. Establishes and maintains security policies and procedures as it pertains to database content and servers.
Special Emphasis for this position will be in SQL Development and utilizing Oracle Utilities (SQL*Loader, DataPump Import/Export).
- Oracle SQL Developer will have experience with Oracle relational database administration support in a data warehousing environment.
- Serve as technical resource in the Database Administration group responsible for Oracle SQL development.
- Adhere to development methodologies when modifying databases and associated programming.
- Plan and implement upgrade and evolution strategies for corporate databases.
- Provide quality assurance, cyber security, and validation for all database initiatives.
- Serve as point of contact for database design.
Essential duties for Oracle SQL Developer will include:
- Database administration to include loads, backups, software upgrades
- Experience programming Oracle databases (SQL, PLSQL, Query optimization).
- Database specification development
- Support of Data Warehousing environment
- Data Analysis and Data Mapping
- Interfacing with Data Analysts for solutions development
- Interfacing with end users
- Must have demonstrable Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have experience with Table design / optimization and trouble shooting
- Schedule flexibility when needed for scheduled/unscheduled maintenance
- Must have experience with process analysis / process improvement and financial / HR systems knowledge
- Must have knowledge of PERL
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
Preferences: An Oracle Certified Associate certificate is highly desired
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills