BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Research Development Engineer/Scientist
- Job Title
- Research Development Engineer/Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Join a team of engineers, data modelers, and software developers to study and prototype future imagery file formats with the goal of developing the next generation imagery format and metadata standard. You will examine existing and emerging file formats for still and motion imagery and determine if a single format or a reduced set of formats effectively can address the current and future needs to reduce cost and complexity within an enterprise architecture.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: Ph.D in engineering or physics
- 15+ years in GEOINT standards development, profiling, and protocols
- 10 years engagement with a Geospatial Intelligence Standards Working Group Focus Group
- 10 years data engineering and logical and physical model design and implementation
- Ability to develop and parse XML schemas
- Use your experience and skills developing and/or modifying a new profile for encompassing both still and motion imagery required to create a universal imagery file format (motion, still, HSI, LiDAR, MTI, other point cloud data, etc).
- Engage with the Future File Format Study research team.
- Lead the study and prototyping activities to recommend the future imagery standard.
- Apply expert knowledge of the National System for Geospatial -Intelligence formats including Geospatial Intelligence Working Group NITF and MISB standards as well as commercial still and motion imagery standards, commercial containers, and DoD/IC GEOINT mission needs.
- Apply knowledge of MXF and IBMFF containers, as well as H.264/MPEG2 TS, MIL SPEC 2500 C (NITF without extensions), HDF5, and other formats and containers.
Potential for remote delivery.
Qualifications: see Required Education and Experience
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills