BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senor Software Developer
- Job Title
- Senor Software Developer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Join a team of engineers, data modelers, and software developers to study and prototype future imagery file formats with the goal of developing the next generation imagery format and metadata standard. You will examine existing and emerging file formats for still and motion imagery and determine if a single format or a reduced set of formats effectively can address the current and future needs to reduce cost and complexity within an enterprise architecture.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: B.S in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years programming development experience
- Proficient in Java, C++, C, and other programming and scripting languages (python, for example)
- Proficient with multiple Windows, Linux, and unix OS platforms
- Software developer implement the developed profile by designing a reader, writer, and other required interface software.
- Generate a specific set of test files for the new profile.
- Apply knowledge of a variety of phenomenologist, such as motion, still, LiDAR, MTI, etc, and corresponding metadata essences in accordance with the developed profile.
- Support MISB lab test activities to perform checks on the format and integrity of the new files. This may include Quality of Service tests, stream analysis tests, various forms of live transmission and also re-transmission tests, compression tets, latency tests, metadata synchronization, and integrity tests, playback and other tests across multiple OS platforms.
- Knowledge of commercial video standards (MXF, IBMFF, MPEG-H, etc.) and ability to generate files using corresponding SMPTE and ISO standards
- Proficient with commercial players, stream analysis, quality, compression, latency, and metadata related software and tool kits
- Demonstrated ability in planning and execution of projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and independently on projects
Preferences, desired only:
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years programming development experience
- Knowledge of the Geospatial Intelligence Working Group
- Knowledge of GWG GEOINT motion and still imagery standards and protocols (MPEG-2 TS, RTP, UDP, KLV, JPEG 2000 (J2K), NITF2.1)
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills