Direct Support Professional / Residential Caregiver - Part Time, 3nd Shift, West Side Erie, PA
- Job Title
- Direct Support Professional / Residential Caregiver - Part Time, 3nd Shift, West Side Erie, PA
- Job ID
- Erie, PA 16509
- Other Location
Direct Support Professional (DSP) / Residential Caregiver job, Part-Time, 3rd Shift, West Side of Erie, PA
Erie Homes for Children and Adults (EHCA) in Erie, Pennsylvania is seeking a Direct Support Professional / Residential Caregiver who shares our values and embraces the opportunity to care for patients considered medically fragile.
For over 100 years, EHCA has been dedicated to individuals and families dealing with life’s challenges. Serving people with intellectual and physical disabilities - EHCA provides compassionate, therapeutic, and medical support to individuals of all ages and all levels of disability while enabling them to live with purpose and dignity.
Direct Support Professional Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Drivers License
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Direct Support Professional Job Duties:
- Feed, bathe, dress and provide all personal care for clients.
- Implement individualized programs following written objectives and plans.
- Record all necessary information, observations, and daily progress notes.
- Participate in planning and implementing programs.
- Will guide clients to various social, recreational, work, shopping, and meal preparation activities.
- Take clients to medical appointments.
- Transport the clients in Agency and personal vehicles when needed.
- Responsible for implementing emergency treatment and life-saving techniques to the extent training and Agency protocol allow.
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of facilities.
- Required to administer medications to residents following completion of the Agency’s Medication Administration Training Program.
What is the EHCA difference? We believe it is our ongoing story of compassion-in-action. Each day, our goal is to contribute to the health, development, and fulfillment of every person placed in our care. EHCA respects everyone as unique and inspiring people and provides them with the high quality, individualized care that they deserve.
Want to make a difference in your community? Apply today
Visit us at https://ehca.org/employment/
If you are interested in learning more about the Direct Support Professional position email email@example.com or apply at www.ehca.org