BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior UI Designer & Front End Developer
- Job Title
- Senior UI Designer & Front End Developer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Security Clearance Requirements: Every candidate must be a U.S. citizen, hold a current TS/SCI level security clearance and take and pass a CI polygraph. Final authority for approval to brief is dependent upon NGA Security.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud graphics applications.
- Experience with APIs and responsive framework such as Bootstrap.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and PhP a plus.
- Conduct web design evaluations to enhance the user experience.
- Design and layout webpages with prototyping tools and interactive elements for optimal design.
- Complete analysis of business objectives, interview users to determine user needs and produce requirements documents.
- Defines the design rationale and explains visual choices to users; express concepts verbally and visually.
- Determine initial interaction plans, create low and high-fidelity prototypes and determine final interactive plan on the base of user testing.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, and cognitive walkthroughs) to the design of applications and web sites.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and optimize existing products.
- Share ideas with internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction, and visual designs, usability, and supporting technologies.
- Develop thoughtful recommendations on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics and other web best practices.
- Ensure designs and development follows 508 compliance.
- Determine the interface style and layout and design key interfaces.
- Create visual concepts by using graphic design software such Adobe Creative Cloud Products, Visio, Microsoft Products and interaction design software.
- Create products and services that adhere to design and brand guidelines.
- Translate architecture and other technical solutions into design products.
- Thoughtful recommendations on use of graphics, mobile optimization, accessibility compliance, and other web best practices.
- Consult with client to define the strategy needed to expand and enhance the website in both scope of content and technical features.
- Demonstrated experience implementing user experience design and front-end development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, technical implementation and color theory.
- Demonstrated experience designing graphic and branding elements with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work within a large development team.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with team members, clients, and customers.
- Demonstrated the ability to break human behavior patterns into their most logical steps, well organized and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of user-centered design principles, section 508 compliance.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills