At AGTC We Are Data Geeks | Team Oriented Transparent | Quality Focused | Leaders
Research Associate - Assay Development Preclinical Research & Development
- Job Title
- Research Associate - Assay Development Preclinical Research & Development
- Job ID
- Gainesville Area, FL 32615
- Other Location
The Research Associate Assay Development Preclinical Research and Development is responsible for support of the Assay Development team by developing,qualifying and troubleshooting quantitative, semi-quantitative, and qualitative assays in support of research, nonclinical, and clinical programs.
- The Research Associate will report directly to the Supervisor, Assay Development Preclinical Research & Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and qualify new assay methods in support of IND enabling non-clinical animal studies, including in vitro cell-based assays, immunoassays, and molecular assays.
- Plan strategies for and participate in the development, qualification, and transfer of quantitative and semi-quantitative bioanalytical methods to support product release
- May assist in preparing technology transfer, assay validation and clinical sample testing at CROs
- Conduct routine assays and procedures in support of manufacturing activities for generation of viral vectors for animal studies
- Conduct testing of samples from animal studies, including but not limited to performing dose analysis testing for research studies, developing and troubleshooting routine R&D sample test methods
- Perform stability testing for critical reagents used for assays in validation phase
- Plan, execute, and troubleshoot experiments
- Collect, analyze, record, and summarize data
- Write and/or review SOPs, technical reports and study reports
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed
- Present scientific results at appropriate meetings
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee manual and Safety and Quality manual
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
- A B.S. with 2+ years of experience or M.S. with a degree in biological science.
- Advanced proficiency in basic biological laboratory techniques, including ELISA, immunoblot, PCR, mammalian cell culture, and transfection
- Ability to design and develop new assay methods with minimal supervision
- 2+ years of industrial experience in assay development is highly desirable
- Understanding/working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, virology or related areas.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work as a team player, as well as independently.
- May perform on the job training for other members of R&D
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
Measures of Performance
- An initial Performance Review will be completed three months from hire date.
- After initial PR, reviews will be conducted annually within 60 days of the Company’s fiscal year end
- Weekly 1:1 meetings will be conducted with the Supervisor, Assay Development Preclinical Research & Development