Machine Operator / Technician, Full Time, San Francisco
- Job Title
- Machine Operator / Technician, Full Time, San Francisco
- Job ID
- Hayward, CA 94544
- Other Location
We’re hiring an Distribution Associate / Machine Operator for our Hayward, CA Distribution Center
OmniCable is a trusted redistributor of specialty wire and cable to electrical wholesalers and is staffed with the most experienced professionals in the industry.
Currently, we are seeking a dedicated Distribution Center Associate / Warehouse to join our team. In this role, your primary responsibility will be operating production equipment, either a Rim Drive or a Respooler that assists in cutting wire to a predetermined length. Besides cutting wire, an associate could also be asked to perform other standard order fulfillment tasks.
Distribution Center Associate / Machine Operator Job Responsibilities:
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE): Operating a forklift/order picker for pulling and putting away stock, order processing, loading and unloading trailers.
- Receiving: Inspect inbound stock for quality, count, and type. Ensure purchase order, packing slip and bill of lading for receipt accuracy; Process stock through computer entry while preparing inventory for put-away.
- Shipping: Select shipping method based on best practices to meet company requirements and customer expectations; Prepare orders for both LTL and small parcel shipment; Verify shipments are packed properly and accurately to ensure customer satisfaction
- Value-Add services: Operate different value adding wire machinery within the DC for order fulfillment. Typical equipment used includes stripe/dye machines, wire stripper, twister and lashing equipment.
- General Housekeeping & Equipment Maintenance: Follow safety standards for the specific job including filling out required equipment checklists; Responsible for keeping Distribution Center clean and organized; Follow strict adherence to 5S Standards of the work area
Distribution Center Associate / Machine Operator Job Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math skills
- High energy, dependability, and teamwork skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to bend, twist, lift and stand up to 8 hours a day. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position may require working overtime or some weekends for additional compensation
- Work is performed in a distribution center environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Required Skills
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
• Basic math skills
• High energy, dependability, and teamwork skills
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to bend, twist, lift and stand up to 8 hours a day. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Position may require working overtime or some weekends for additional compensation
• Work is performed in a distribution center environment with fluctuating temperatures