Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant
- Job Title
- Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant
- Job ID
- Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Other Location
The Front Office and Back Office performs the overall daily operations of the front desk, including general office duties, patient flow, provide medical assist support and perform the role of the medical assistant (MA) when the primary MA is out. Clinical support services, assists with clerical duties and maintains patient care documentation in medical records. This position is responsible for providing professional care specifically to Radiation Oncology patients in an outpatient setting.
- Operate the general functions of the reception desk in tandem with fellow team member.
- Answer multiline telephone, assist callers with questions, schedule appointments and distribute calls in a professional manner.
- Meet and greet patients and check them in.
- Retrieve and distribute faxes make copies and fax documents for the office staff.
- Ensure office space is clean and orderly daily.
- Monitor office supplies and office equipment.
- Register new patients.
- Request and obtain necessary clinical documents for the patient’s chart.
- File, scan, and import medical records and various patient documents Retrieve medical records.
- Obtains and records:
- Vital signs
- Time In/Date
- Medication profile
- Immunization records
- Assist during medical procedures.
- Schedule external labs, diagnostic and other follow-up for patients.
- Update medical records.
- Organize examination rooms.
- Sterilize / prepare medical instruments.
- Disposal of contaminated supplies.
- Follow up on patient calls.
- Schedule appointments.
- Coordinate dictation schedule.
- May assist with verifying health insurance coverage, and other clerical duties.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology is critical.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends) as necessary.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Certified or eligible for certification as a Medical Assistant in the state of employment.
- Current CPR certification.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of two year’s experience.
- Must be bilingual – English and Spanish speaking.
- Prior EMR experience.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.