BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Information Systems Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Information Systems Security Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors’ degree and 8 years of relevant experience.
Required Certification: DoD 8570 IAT Level II or IAM Level II (Sec+CE, CySA+CE, etc) or above.
- Provides security design and planning during the design, development, and maintenance of infrastructure environments
- Providing cyber engineering expertise to determine security requirements by evaluating best practices; researching security standards/tools; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; identify integration issues
- Enhance current software/security team competence by developing and directing secure application/architecture techniques; recommending improved processes
- Evaluate network and security technologies
- Working knowledge of current government mandated cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Developing Information Assurance (IA)/Cybersecurity strategies for both new systems and enhancements/overhauls of existing systems.
- Influencing the system requirements and design processes to incorporate the identification of cyber requirements early in these processes.
- Suggesting architecture solutions to these systems that support both the functional requirements of the systems and the cyber/information assurance requirements.
- Identifying poor cyber designs in systems and offering alternative designs.
- Supporting the development of Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages for the certification and accreditation of both new and existing networks.
- Must have direct cyber systems engineering experience where you have been a lead/key player in defining the cyber requirements of a system.
- Experience with the analysis, systems design, implementation and testing of secure enterprise information systems.
- Expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- In-depth familiarity with TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.), and general techniques for parsing network protocols.
- Experience in information security, risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability.
- Solid understanding of USG IA/Cybersecurity Directives, security protocols, authentication, and authorization.
- Should have experience with the development of Certification and Accreditation packages under RFM.
Desired Certifications: CISSP, CASP, CISA, SSCP, CISM, CEH and/or MS Security
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills