Option 2: Create a New Profile
Sr. Software Engineer, Front End
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer, Front End
- Position ID
- Irvine, CA 92618
- Other Location
We are looking for an experienced Senior Front End Software Engineer to join our team. You will help us use modern web technologies, and best practices to achieve a scalable, well functioning, and highly performant frontend experience that will help us achieve our business goals. You will identify needs and new opportunities and aspire to increase the quality of our engineering work. You are able to understand all necessary tools and activities to grow the frontend code to be maintainable, and of the highest quality. Additionally, you understand that our agile approach demands flexible, yet stable, and highly testable code.
- Implement great user interfaces that work well using Vue.js
- Make them look great by leveraging frontend frameworks, but resort to hand-coding if necessary
- Work together with the product management or project management team to conceptualize future features of our products.
- Collaborate and consult with the UI/UX team
- Improve the frontend build system and make sure that it grows with the needs of the platform.
- Proven work experience as a Frontend Engineer
- Knowledge of vanilla JS
- Knowledge of current JS technologies (such as Angular2, React.js, Vue.js, etc.)
- Knowledge of CSS (both frameworks such as Bootstrap, as well as hand-coded styling)
- Knowledge of backend templating languages (such as Twig for PHP, Blade, etc.)
- Knowledge of the lower levels of the stack like backend languages (PHP, Python, etc), web servers, containerization (Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes) a huge plus
- Knowledge of Frontend build pipelines (such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp) a plus
- Experience with ecommerce (especially B2B) a plus
- Fundamental believe in best practices.
- Working knowledge of backend technologies (PHP), containerization technologies (Docker) and build tools.
- Appreciation for automated testing tools (unit, integration, and end to end) such as Jest, Mocha, Selenium, etc., as well as code quality measuring tools.
- Constant drive to improve your own skills through practice and code reviews.
- Urge to keep up with new technologies and relevant topics in the industry through for example conference or meetup participation
- Be familiar with all necessary tools to either ramp-up and implement it yourself or have the necessary skills to oversee external on-demand experts
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Joel Test 10/12
1. Do you use source control? Yes
2. Can you make a build in one step? Yes
3. Do you make daily builds? Yes
4. Do you have a bug database? Yes
5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
7. Do you have a spec? No
8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
9. Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes
10. Do you have testers? Yes
11. Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
12. Do you do hallway usability testing? No
We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time. Only candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Copyright © 2020 Sourceability. All rights reserved.