Technical Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Technical Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Technical Support Specialist role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
· Perform hands-on fixes remotely or in person, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service level.
· Using service desk software record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
· Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests.
· Build rapport with service desk customers.
· Escalate problems (when required) to the IT Manager, System Administrators or EMR team.
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting including antivirus software, software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
· Create and preform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers, end user devices, and other IT equip.
· Perform post-resolution follow ups with end user and team members as required.
· Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
· Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
· Perform Root Cause Analysis by evaluating documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
· Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
· Assist in software releases and roll-outs according to Change Management best practices.
· Adhere to site audit responsibility policies and procedures
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary).
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
· Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including Desktops, laptop, smartphones, and networking equipment
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Operating Systems 7 – 8.1, Active Directory, System Administration Tools
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and other business applications
· Experience with EMR/EHR Software
· Working knowledge of a range of software and hardware diagnostic tools.
· Experience working with service desk best practices.
· Industry experience in healthcare (radiology, multi-location outpatient clinics) a strong plus.
· Certification MSCA Microsoft Windows 7
Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear, speech clarity, ability to climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, bend and crawl. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. The employee may be exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia