Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (Full-Time & PRN opportunities)
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (Full-Time & PRN opportunities)
- Job ID
- Matthews, NC 28105
- Other Location
Thompson's Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF), located in Matthews, NC is seeking highly qualified and passionate registered nurses to join our dynamic team of trauma informed professionals.
This program provides 24-hour direct care to youths ages 6 – 17 in the residential treatment program by providing a safe therapeutic home setting in a positive, consistent and structured environment.
Nurses will act as part of a larger, dynamic multidisciplinary team of professionals that treat these youth. Nursing, Therapy, Education, Residential staff and our Physicians all come together to provide maximum positive impact for every child in our care.
Duties will include medication administration oversight, medical file record keeping, and responding to client medical needs.
- Obtains and records client’s vital signs, height, weight, AIMS testing, and general health status.
- Coordinates with direct care staff regarding off-campus medical appointments to ensure that the clients are transported to the appointments and required documentation is sent with and returned by the direct care staff.
- Performs triage, First Aid, and CPR as necessary for client illness, injuries, or emergencies.
- Assists with admission and discharge of clients as needed.
- Administers medications to clients. Maintains appropriate documentation including MAR, medication side effects or adverse reactions, effects of prn medications, and any nursing interventions provided to clients.
- Able to assist staff with therapeutic holds as needed based on TCI training. Completes post assessment and paperwork.
- Assists with Self-Harm Watch orders.
- Maintains Medication Disposal Records for discontinued or expired medications.
- Assists with maintaining client Medicaid and/or insurance information to insure proper payment. Coordinates the appropriate paperwork, insurance information and instructions to guarantee payment for medical services.
Education Requirements: A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing required. Must have a current NC RN license or multistate RN license and actively working towards becoming a NC licensed RN and be in good standing with the licensing board. Pediatric and/or psychiatric nursing experience preferred. Staff need to be available to work flexible 12-hour shifts (6am-6pm and 6pm-6am) and weekends as needed. For PRN/Part-Time Registered Nurse position – must be able to work at least one shift a month and one holiday per calendar year.
Physical Requirements: Will frequently perform a wide variety of physical tasks such as standing, walking, running, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, which requires strength, coordination, endurance, and agility. Staff must be agile enough to control and rapidly extricate him/herself and youths from buildings in case of an emergency. Persons with any medical problems such as joint problems, obesity, arthritis or cardiopulmonary conditions, where it would be unwise or not possible to engage in moderate physical exertion should not be considered. This program does require staff to be able to maintain sufficient physical agility and stamina to intervene with uncooperative youths and must be able to exert the minimum necessary strength to restrain and subdue the youth if necessary. Staff must be capable of running a distance as required in the prevention of a youth absconding.
Position requires driving agency vehicles as well as transporting clients. A valid driver’s license in the state of your residence, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test and an extensive background check is required. No calls please.
Thompson seeks to maintain an inclusive diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.