IT Network / Server Administrator
- Job Title
- IT Network / Server Administrator
- Job ID
- Matthews, NC 28105
- Other Location
Thompson, located in the Charlotte/Matthews area, has an opening for an IT Network/Server Architect.
• Troubleshoot upgrade, and maintain server infrastructure and main network infrastructure
• Perform and test full backups of all critical systems including disaster recovery network failover
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance VoIP phone systems
• Virtualize and implement new server infrastructure
• Build and maintain controller systems for switches, access points, and other networking equipment
• Optimize and maintain internet, firewall, QoS, and MPLS quality
• Resolve all level 2 or 3 helpdesk tickets not able to be resolved by the level 1 Analyst
• Model, create, and maintain all Group Policy objects
• Monitor, improve, and troubleshoot security infrastructure including Firewall, web filter, antivirus, spam filter, exchange rules, phishing simulations, web site security, SSL certificates, and encryption
• Design, Implement, and Maintain DNS, DHCP, Replication, ADFS, WAP, and other server features
• Search for vulnerabilities in all server, network, and security systems and work with IT Director to resolve issues
This position requires advanced technical skills in all windows server and Linux operating systems, strong understanding of networking with an emphasis on WAN and LAN utilization. Utilize efficiency, automation, strategic modeling, and logging to identify issues, map enhancements, and implement. Must understand how to properly troubleshoot and maintain multi-site infrastructure build outs to ensure maximum uptime and resource utilization. Requires working and applicable knowledge of switch CLI, Putty, Wireshark, and other core networking software. Occasional travel between campuses is required (all within the Matthews/Charlotte/Fort Mill area). Position requires bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or technical school in computer science or related field and 3-5 years hands-on experience. Knowledge of Aruba CLI, Ubiquiti hardware/software, and VPN technology preferred.
A valid driver’s license in the state of permanent residence, at least three years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test and an extensive background check.
Thompson seeks to maintain an inclusive diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.