- Job Title
- Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- Athens, TX 60090
- Other Location
Mechanical Engineer, Athens, TX
We’re hiring for a Mechanical Engineer to join our R&D Department at our Athens, TX/ Frisco, TX facility.
Job Description: The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for performing and owning all aspects of new and existing medical product design, drawing, development, costing, confirming manufacturability, optimization, packaging, and documentation with adherence to all applicable standards. This design engineer will work to review product/system requirements and create new concepts for the mechanical design of new products or enhance the design of existing products as required ensuring at all times that product specifications comply with company standards, procedures, specifications, and codes.
The Mechanical Engineer will work to design a tolerance stack analysis using 3D modeling and statistical tools. The individual will prepare layout and detailed drawings, including all required fits, dimensions, section views, and parts lists.
Mechanical Engineer Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of mechanical engineering design experience required
- 3 years of medical device design experience with a focus on interventional radiology required
- Proficient with SolidWorks and FEA. Mold flow, GD & T, Detailed drawings, and Tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of standard laboratory test methods for mechanical functional parameters
- Ability to perform root cause analysis using both experimental and statistical analyses
- Knowledge of plastics and injection molding
It will be the responsibility of the Mechanical Engineer to conduct complex FEA to ascertain if designs conform to functional safety requirements. This individual will perform investigations on new materials and incorporate complex DFM and DFA principles into product design. The role will also be responsible for conducting mold flow analysis to ascertain the part design accommodates all injection molding process requirements. Travel to other manufacturing sites of Argon will be required to support product launch efforts.
Argon Medical is a global manufacturer of specialty medical products including a broad line of medical devices for Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, and Oncology. With over 800 employees worldwide. Argon has manufacturing facilities located in Athens, TX, Wheeling, IL and Rochester, NY. Argon’s brand is recognized for best-in-class products that improve patient outcomes via percutaneous, image-guided procedures. https://www.argonmedical.com/about/our-company.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering Field
• 10 years of mechanical engineering design experience required
• 5 years of medical device design experience with a focus on interventional radiology required
• Proficient with SolidWorks and FEA. Mold flow, GD & T, Detailed drawings, and Tolerance analysis
• Knowledge of standard laboratory test methods for mechanical functional parameters
• Ability to perform root cause analysis using both experimental and statistical analyses
• Knowledge of plastics and injection molding