Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Senior Stormwater Construction Project Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Stormwater Construction Project Manager
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92121
- Other Location
Apex Companies, LLC, a leading national environmental consulting and services company, is seeking a Senior Stormwater Construction Project Manager to provide comprehensive leadership and management of stormwater, wastewater, drinking water and related infrastructure repairs, replacement and new construction/installation projects for multiple national, regional, and local clients throughout the west coast. Projects typically range in size from $1K to $1MM at industrial, commercial, retail, multi-family residential and municipal client sites such as ports, airports and military bases.
The successful candidate will report directly to Apex’s Regional Stormwater Program Manager, interact extensively with Apex’s National Account Managers, and manage multiple small construction teams strategically located across the West Coast and be responsible for project safety, scheduling, quality assurance, cost control, documentation and close-out.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Stormwater Construction Project Manager:
- Overall P&L, safety and quality responsibility for $1MM+ annually of small-to-medium sized construction, repair and replacement projects;
- Manage scheduling, execution and closure of projects;
- Manage and mentor construction team staff in safe work practices;
- Collaborate with Apex Division, Regional, and National Managers;
- Foster strong client relationships, including internal (corporate/national) clients; and,
- Demonstrate leadership in facilitating procedural innovations to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Stable employment and growth in a 1,500-person and growing national firm
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short- and long-term disability.
- Paid Time Off, 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Performance-based bonus or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,550+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Science/Engineering or other related field preferred; and/or, in lieu of a degree, extensive field and hands-on experience. Emphasis on water/stormwater management.
- A minimum of 5 years successful experience managing:
- The inspection, maintenance, repair and construction of stormwater infrastructure;
- Professional, vocational, and administrative staff;
- Large, multi-site, multi-state service programs;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate others;
- Strong safety record with focus on implementing and following safe work practices;
- Hands-on construction, underground utility, or facilities management experience;
- OSHA 10-Hr Construction, 40-Hour Hazwoper, or other relevant OSHA training and certifications; and,
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Position: Sr. Project Manager
Industry: Air/Engineering/Science Managment
Location: San Diego, CA
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.