BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Cloud Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Herndon, VA
- Other Location
- Washington, DC
*Location either Herndon VA, or Washington DC (DIAHQ or Maryland Square). Occasional commutes to the other site may be required for periodic meetings
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: Seeking a motivated Software Engineer with experience developing enterprise C2S cloud applications supporting the U.S. Government
- TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a poly
- One of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
- HS/GED with 12 years' experience
- Associates with 10 years' experience
- Bachelors with 8 years' experience
- Masters with 6 years' experience
- PhD with 4 years' experience
- 4+ years of full-stack development experience in C2S cloud environments
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability).
- Relational and NoSQL database design, implementation, configuration, and query experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data indexes (ElasticSearch or Lucene).
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Angular.js, and React.
- Comfortable working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems (i.e. command line operations, bash scripting).
- Demonstrable Configuration Management (CM) experience using Git and familiarity with branching strategies.
- TS/SCI security clearance with poly
- Experience building automation and Infrastructure as Code (i.e. CloudFormation).
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, ALB, IAM, and SQS.
- Familiarity with RMF+ security accreditation process and experiencing coding to security standards and best practices (i.e. end-to-end encryption).
- General awareness of / experience with popular open source frameworks, libraries, and packages.
- Ability to determine technical direction from high-level requirements.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
ld contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills