Palo Alto Network Security Generalist
- Job Title
- Palo Alto Network Security Generalist
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75023
- Other Location
Set Solutions has an opportunity for a Palo Alto Network Security Generalist out of the Dallas metro area.
As a Security Delivery Engineer you are part of a team that works cohesively to address enterprise clients’ needs. You will work with various clients implementing security controls, SIEM products, supporting UTM / Firewalls, IDS/IPS solutions, Endpoint Protection solutions, Data Loss Prevention, and Advanced Persistent Threat technology. You will help maintain operational effectiveness and efficiency of security infrastructure for Texas based clients.
We are a learning organization so you will be involved in conducting research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security systems. This role is client facing so clear communication and the ability to travel locally and in surrounding areas is a must.
You will participate in the review of security implications of new applications, optimizing network integrity by reconfiguring network core equipment, installing local and/or wide area networks, communications software, equipment, and network facilities and suggesting changes and upgrades to the security infrastructure.
We are a partner of the below technologies, so the more of your skills align with this list, the better.
- Firewalls/UTM : Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, etc
- Vulnerability Assessment (network and application)
- Antivirus / Malware endpoint protection
- Cisco, Juniper or Aruba network experience preferred
- VPNs – IPSEC, SSL
- Proxy services
- Cloud security integration-AWS, Azure, Google Cloud security
- Email Gateway/Spam Solutions
- Load Balancing-F5
- Web, application and network security techniques
What you need for this position:
3-8 Years in large IT security environment, Automated vulnerability assessment and scanning tools, Network, host, data and application security in multiple OS environments, IP Networking, IDS/IPS
Working towards or Certified in:
CISSP, CEH, CCP-N, Splunk Architect, Palo Alto PCNSE, Cisco CCNP
- Candidate must be a good “organizational fit” with the rest of the team
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven individual who can take initiative and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Internet savvy and computer skills
- Must know how to manage multiple deadline schedules
- Strong attention to details and deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- VAR or partner space experience preferred