BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Software Tester
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA 20191
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (with ability to obtain CI poly, we will start the process)
Security Clearance Requirements: Every candidate must be a U.S. citizen, hold a current TS/SCI level security clearance and take and pass a CI polygraph.
Required Certification: DOD IAT Level II or above (Sec+CE, etc) – needed by start date.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Years of experience may be applied in lieu of degree.
- Creating and executing test procedures in support of development, integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Executing tests on software usability.
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in daily scrums, user engagement meetings, sprint reviews, sprint demos and user acceptance test events
- Creating, Organizing, and managing Test Automation Resources.
- Creating, Enhancing, debugging and Running Test Cases. Organizing, monitoring defect management process
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Prior Software Testing experience.
- Good knowledge of Test Plan and software test case design techniques.
- Knowledge of diverse system platforms.
- Knowledge of IT practices and business approaches and the ability to manage the IT function in a viable and sustainable business manner.
- Experience using automated testing tools like QTP, Selenium automation tools would be nice to have.
- Experience creating and executing test procedures in support of development, integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with software testing.
- Experience using Redmine to track project progress.
- Experience with Agile (working with a scrum team)
Not required but a plus:
- Automated testing with tools such as Selenium.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills