- Job Title
- Medical Assistant
- Job ID
- Apple Valley, CA 92307
- Other Location
Position will be responsible for both Medical Assistant and Medical Receptionist duties.
The Front Office and Back Office performs the overall daily operations of the front desk, including general office duties, patient flow, provide medical assist support and perform the role of the medical assistant (MA) when the primary MA is out. Clinical support services, assists with clerical duties and maintains patient care documentation in medical records. This position is responsible for providing professional care specifically to Radiation Oncology patients in an outpatient setting.
- Operate the general functions of the reception desk in tandem with fellow team member.
- Answer multiline telephone, assist callers with questions, schedule appointments and distribute calls in a professional manner.
- Meet and greet patients and check them in.
- Retrieve and distribute faxes make copies and fax documents for the office staff.
- Ensure office space is clean and orderly daily.
- Monitor office supplies and office equipment.
- Register new patients.
- Request and obtain necessary clinical documents for the patient’s chart.
- File, scan, and import medical records and various patient documents Retrieve medical records.
- Obtains and records:
- Vital signs
- Time In/Date
- Medication profile
- Immunization records
- Assist during medical procedures.
- Schedule external labs, diagnostic and other follow-up for patients.
- Update medical records.
- Organize examination rooms.
- Sterilize / prepare medical instruments.
- Disposal of contaminated supplies.
- Follow up on patient calls.
- Schedule appointments.
- Coordinate dictation schedule.
- May assist with verifying health insurance coverage, and other clerical duties.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology is critical.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends) as necessary.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Certified or eligible for certification as a Medical Assistant in the state of employment.
- Current CPR certification.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of two year’s experience.
- Must be bilingual – English and Spanish speaking.
- Prior EMR experience.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia