The Right Jobs for the Right-Brained.
Social Media Manager, Non-Profit
- Job Title
- Social Media Manager, Non-Profit
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
We are recruiting for a Social Media Manager for a national non-profit organization as a full-time job in Jacksonville, FL.
Position Overview: This position leverages social media to communicate and engage with online communities and drive organizational goals and messaging. The Social Media Manager manages the social media team as they respond to questions and concerns expressed on social media platforms by the public and partners. He or she will report to the Director of Public Relations. This candidate will have three direct reports including Social Media Coordinators.
- Manage and mentor direct reports to aid in developing their skills and abilities
- Promote a supportive working environment where employees are encouraged to proactively address issues and solve problems to achieve goals
- Monitor, moderate, interact with, and answer concerns expressed on various social media platforms
- Manage the organization’s social media channels ( Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and more)
- Manage the communication of organizational messaging, news, and priorities by leveraging influencers through social media messaging
- Identify opportunities for public involvement and awareness of issues, policy advocacy initiatives, events, and trending topics
- Assist Director of Public Relations in developing strategies and campaign plans for organizational messaging initiatives
- Review advertising and promotional programs and evaluate for compatibility with social media and digital marketing efforts.
- Manage social media activities for strategic partnerships, community integration, third-party events, and fundraisers. Report on and initiate interest in \programs and events by producing content with current live reporting.
- Prepare reports with performance metrics to improve effectiveness of communications and program participation
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, and values, and the importance of programs in public forums, events, and public awareness campaigns
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communication, journalism, or related field
- 5+ years of public relations, marketing, e-communications, communications, or journalism experience
- 5+ years of experience managing social media communications
- 3+ years of staff management experience.
- 5+ years of experience successfully performing in a social media role (Similar Social Media Manager experience in communications, public relations, or marketing may be substituted for three years of staff management experience.
Next Steps: If you think you are a great fit for the Social Media Manager position, click Apply to Job below! We can only recommend you directly to the hiring manager, if you have not applied directly to the organization within the past year.