Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Title
- Scientist 2
- Job ID
- Lakewood, CO 80401
- Other Location
Position: Scientist 2
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Lakewood, CO
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Scientist 2:
- Conduct desktop reviews, field surveys for wildlife and vegetation, and delineate potential wetlands and waters of the U.S.
- Independently lead field work efforts.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to junior team members.
- Manage and interpret spatial data using ESRI suite of products, Google Earth, or similar platforms.
- Analyze, interpret, and report data in written reports.
- Create high quality client deliverables including written reports and maps.
- Coordinate scheduling, data flow, and reporting with other field staff and project managers.
- Actively support safety programs and safe work practices.
- Ensure competency in work tasks by completing required training and records.
- Support scheduled “on-call” requirements for Natural Resources and Stormwater projects when after hours and weekend obligations arise.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- Positive outlook.
- Professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse team.
- BS in Wildlife Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience with avian and wildlife surveys and field data collection.
- Proven experience delineating wetlands and waters of the U.S. in accordance with USACE guidelines.
- Detail-oriented, scientific data collection skills.
- Basic GPS navigation and spatial data management skills, including data input (map production a plus).
- Understanding of safe work practices.
- Desire to split your time between field and office assignments.
- Experience with data management and scientific document preparation.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Adherence to strict drug-free policies and testing.
Interested? Apply today.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.