Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Environmental Intern (Reclamation/Vegetation)
- Job Title
- Environmental Intern (Reclamation/Vegetation)
- Job ID
- Westminster, CO 80030
- Other Location
Position: Environmental Intern (Reclamation/Vegetation)
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Flexible (Mead, CO; Westminster, CO; Grand Junction, CO; Lakewood, CO; Boulder,CO)
Hourly Rate: $15-18/hr
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as an Environmental Intern:
- Conduct reclamation monitoring activities on Oil & Gas locations throughout Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete field data entry forms, use and maintain electronic data collection devices such as tablets, Toughbooks, and GPS units.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) necessary to conduct compliance monitoring tasks.
- Make field judgments based on training and experience to address challenging and unanticipated field conditions with the primary concern of health & safety.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Input data into template reports.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- College level course work or field experience related to biological, environmental, or earth science
- Ability to identify common Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado weeds, grasses, forbs, and shrubs
- Experience with vegetation monitoring through quadrat sampling and line-point intercept methodologies
- Proficiency in navigation and interpretation of topographic maps, use of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) equipment.
- Ability to work independently and self-initiate in demanding work conditions
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Willingness for overnight travel with all expenses paid and a daily per diem.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle are required.
- Strong communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Interested? Apply today.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.