BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
PoolParty IT Service Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Job Title
- PoolParty IT Service Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Requirement ID
- Pasadena, CA
- Other Location
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors with 6 years of related experience, Masters with 4 years of related experience, PhD with 2 years of related experience.
- Seeking a motivated and customer-oriented IT Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) to apply their leadership skills to manage a software product suite include Poolparty Semantic Suite, Poolparty Unified Views and RDF database Stardog. The SRE will be responsible but not limited to the following tasks:
- Maintaining the existing platform including applying patches, upgrading, and documenting procedures.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and performance issues related to the platform.
- Support developers deploying applications on the platform; responsible for the availability of the system 9x6 weekdays.
- Work with the vendor to resolve technical issues.
- Work with Cyber Security team to meet the security requirements.
- Work with Communication team to schedule system downtime for maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills.
- Demo the tool suite to various groups on lab.
- Deploy web applications into multiple environments using Docker containers, extract data from multiple sources using APIs, perform data translation, and load triples into an RDF triple store.
- Will work with the Engineering Data Graph Initiative, Engineering Data Search Initiative, and Elastic Search teams
- Will integrate Elastic Search with PoolParty and associated RDF triple store
- Will provide a user interface demonstrating semantic capabilities that:
- Acceptance of user input to be used as search criteria, if possible providing:
- Recommendations of taxonomy topics and content results as the user types (search-as-you-type)
- Natural language capabilities when translating the user’s query
- Executes the search
- Responds with “smart” results that may include the following general capabilities:
- Faceted navigation of search results based on a taxonomy and underlying ontology
- “Box” or “Card” display detailing information about the most likely search result, e.g., a search for “Who is the project manager for Mars 2020?” would provide a display area containing information about the Mars 2020 project and its key individuals
- A list of search results matching search criteria where each search result display provides (if available):
- Key data properties
- Links to related content
- Annotated tags
- Will document Elastic Search, PoolParty, RDF triple store, Unified Views architecture in the form of diagrams and descriptions.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have experience with Semantic Technologies:
- Familiarity with deploying Web applications; Docker.
Labor Category: Enterprise Application Software Engineer III
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills