BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Tactical Data Link (TDL) System Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Tactical Data Link (TDL) System Engineer
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret required, TS (SCI eligible) preferred
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors’ degree in Engineering.
Support the Navy Government S&T manager through all development phases of Navy C2 systems from RDT&E through delivery and execution of C2 System of Systems. Responsible to interact directly with all levels of the Government Team and their stakeholders and Customers.
- Desire eight (8) years of system engineering and project management experience with USN shipboard combat systems, the Command and Control Processor (C2P) and Link 16 systems.
- Knowledge of shipboard combat system and tactical data link system architecture to include tactical data link functional allocation and interfaces between specific combat system and tactical data link systems.
- Desire four (4) years of technical project management experience including the development of Product Work Breakdown Structures, Integrated Master Schedules and conducting Integrated Baseline Reviews.
- Experience in monitoring project execution using Earned Value Management techniques.
- Possess the ability to apply relevant system engineering expertise in support program life cycle cost estimates.
- Possess project management experience in applying relevant combat system/TDL system engineering expertise to tactical data link projects and/or TDL prime mission product development efforts.
- Possess ability to apply relevant system engineering expertise in support program life cycle cost estimates.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, and proficiency in writing reports and instructions; be able to brief senior leaders on assignments.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Travel Required: Travel may be required.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills