- Job Title
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Job ID
- Plano, TX 95054
- Other Location
- Reston, VA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will provide post-sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers and Partners via phone, e-mail, and web. A strong, deep understanding of the dynamic and evolving threat landscape is required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues related to threat mitigation and response. Regularly updating support cases to record the progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations. Work with Development, Sales, QA and Marketing to build positive customer experience.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for threat-related issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution
- Provide on-call support 24×7 on an as needed basis
- Technical resource for all threat-related products and features of the Palo Alto Networks product line
- Collaborate with engineering and product management to resolve product defect issues in a timely manner
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
- Expert level knowledge of the threat landscape, technologies, and techniques; knowledge of malware and exploit behaviors, zero trust network model
- Security role experience, such as handling of malware responses
- Firewall administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Wireshark/TCPDump packet capture troubleshooting – specifically with HTTP/SSL/SMB
- Linux familiarity
- Windows OS functionality (debugging, how applications make calls, registry editing)
- Expert knowledge in TCP/IP, HTTP, PKI & SSL, intrusion detection/prevention
- High-level knowledge in regular expressions and evasion/obfuscation techniques, URL filtering
- Virtualization experience (vSphere, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, etc)
- Programming experience, shell/Perl/Python scripting, understanding of malnets, security clearance
Our Technical Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and fixing integrations and critical issues as they are raised — in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.