- Job Title
- Project Engineer
- Job ID
- Wheeling, IL 60090
- Other Location
Project Engineer, Wheeling, IL.
We are hiring for a Project Engineer to join our Engineering team at our Wheeling, IL facility.
Job Description: The Project Engineer will drive manufacturing engineering projects to reduce cost, improve productivity, and product quality of existing products and processes, emphasizing Lean Manufacturing. This individual will support the design and development of processes, equipment, and documentation to successfully implement new products into manufacturing, and ensuring constant communication on project progress is relayed to management.
The Project Engineer will lead the execution of Engineering and VIP projects with Direct Process, Validation, OEM, Research and Development, and Design Engineering Team Members. Develops Gantt Charts, Project Deliverables, and will be responsible for maintaining project timelines with Quality, Regulatory, Engineering, Production, Toolroom/Maintenance, and Scheduling Functional Areas. This includes VIP projects to reduce cost, improve efficiencies, and quality of existing products and processes. In addition, projects will also have the identification and implementation of new manufacturing technologies within the facility.
Project Engineer Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in material science, biomedical, mechanical, or industrial engineering.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Minitab, Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Background in manufacturing and assembly, process and test method validation, injection molding, automation, and vision system technology is required
- Experience in the application of statistical techniques such as statistical process control, design of experiments, and problem-solving techniques is required
- Excellent Project Management and Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal skills due to multiple interactions between functional areas
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- Project Management or similar function for 5+ years
- Travel: 5-10%
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Defining and Obtaining resources for completion of projects
- Creating Purchase Orders and Project Documentation For Execution
- Evaluates equipment upgrades and modifications to reduce scrap
- Researches and Evaluates new equipment and technology development
This role will work with vendors and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards. The Project Engineer with routinely estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
The role will perform problem-solving, efficiency studies, and the identification of process improvement opportunities. Other responsibilities will include identifying new manufacturing technologies and monitoring the effectiveness of engineering systems and procedures to ensure compliance to FDA, cGMP, and all other applicable agency regulations.
Argon Medical is a global manufacturer of specialty medical products, including a broad line of medical devices for Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, and Oncology. With over 800 employees worldwide. Argon has manufacturing facilities located in Athens, TX, Wheeling, IL, and Rochester, NY. Argon’s brand is recognized for best-in-class products that improve patient outcomes via percutaneous, image-guided procedures. https://www.argonmedical.com/about/our-company
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in material science, biomedical, mechanical, or industrial engineering.
Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Minitab, Word, Excel, and Project Background in medical device assembly, thermoplastic injection molding, automation, and vision system technology is required
Experience in the application of statistical techniques such as statistical process control, design of experiments, and problem-solving techniques is required
Experience with design, review, execution, and approval of Installation, Operation and Process Qualification protocols and reports (IQ/OQ/PQ) or Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan (APQP) required