Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
PRN Radiation Therapist
- Job Title
- PRN Radiation Therapist
- Job ID
- Opelousas, LA
- Other Location
PRN Radiation Therapist is responsible to administer prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and standards.
- Administer radiation therapy as prescribed by the physician.
- Verify prescribed treatment dose before each treatment; verify fields to be treated, and angles to be used.
- Assure placement of protective devices in order to shield otherwise healthy exposed tissue of patients.
- Simulates patients using simulator, CT scanner or other devices to accurately localize treatment areas.
- Display professional conduct essential to the well being of the radiation oncology patient.
- Maintain accurate and detailed treatment chart documentation.
- Observe the clinical progress of the patient, use clinical decision making skills to recognize and report any signs of complications.
- Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
- Perform machine safety checks; know safe limits of equipment operations, and report abnormalities or inconsistencies to the Center Leader.
- Work closely with the Radiation Oncologist and the therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan.
- Adhere to the Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to be on call.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- ARRT Board eligible
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiation therapy technology
- Certification in Radiation Therapy Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary)
- ARRT Board certified
- BS in related field.
- Two years clinical experience in similar setting.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.