BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior System Administrator
- Job Title
- Senior System Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Huntville (REMOTE), AL
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS clearance
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and,
- At least 5 years work experience with the design, installation, administration & maintenance of Enterprise System Security Solutions.
Required Certification: DOD IAT Level II (Sec+CE, CySA+, etc) or above.
Remote work may be authorized
Duration: 6 month contract
- Lead/Assist in the design and architecture of enterprise-wide Domain Services solutions.
- Patching servers, Installing and configuring software, hardware, and networks; responding to service outages, monitoring system performance, and troubleshooting systems issues. Scripting or light programming may also be required.
- Install new software, troubleshoot, grant permissions to applications, and assist in training lesser experienced administrators.
- Perform system updates, make recommendations on server configurations, and implement changes in multiple environments.
- Familiarity with security hardening concepts; reporting/remediation and experience writing POAMs.
- Provide information and statistics relevant to system limits on capacity, data storage, system utilization, etc.
- Experience developing and interpreting detailed installation instructions and supporting documentation to effect system design deployments.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of system design, installation, configuration, tuning, capacity planning, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Participate as necessary in the validation matrix role to independently test and validate solutions to ensure fulfillment of all business requirements, compliance of regulations and quality of solutions.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, and installs system-wide software.
- Architecting Enterprise Authorization and Identity Management Solutions.
- Expert-level experience in several of the following:
- CISCO CSR devices
- Windows Servers and Domain Management.
- LDAP/Active Directory.
- Network Architecture and Data Flow.
- Cloud Stack/Hypervisor Solutions.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and decisions in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment as well as independently.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager. Remote work may be authorized.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills