Vice President, Finance
- Job Title
- Vice President, Finance
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
NxGen MDx provides best-in-class genetic screening to families across the nation. Nominated as a Top 50 Company to Watch in Michigan and as one of the Best Young Companies to Work For, NxGen provides bright opportunities awaiting talented individuals seeking to pursue a career in the genetic testing field. By delivering a healthy work-life balance and a fun team environment, we build a solid foundation around our best thinking while delivering cutting-edge products.
We are currently looking for a Vice President, Finance who will develop and execute the company’s financial and risk management strategy and will have overall responsibility for finance functions including budgeting and forecasting, financial planning and analysis, cashflow management, and compliance and reporting. The Vice President, Finance will provide strategic guidance and operational leadership to the finance department. You will enhance and implement internal controls and ensure that policies and procedures are in place and are followed. You will operate as strategic partner and advisor and make recommendations on tactical initiatives, financial performance and projections, revenue growth and profitability, investment plans, and other crucial business decisions.
Key things about you:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or any related field. MBA, CPA, and/or CMA desired.
- You offer more than seven (7) years of progressive finance and accounting experience, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- You possess a minimum of three (3) years of executive leadership experience and demonstrated excellence in engaging, managing, and motivating a team.
- You have a strong knowledge of US GAAP as well as federal and state financial regulations.
- You are well versed in analyzing complex data and creative in finding solutions to fundamental issues.
- You are an effective communicator who can confidently present critical information to leadership and to individuals without a finance background.
- You are naturally collaborative and have proven to be successful in building relationships with CPA firms, human resources, lawyers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- You are passionate about process improvement. You have a continuous improvement mindset and a track record of challenging perspectives and advancing changes.
- You are highly competent in spreadsheets, accounting software, and financial management systems.
What you can expect when you join us:
- A base salary and bonus potential
- A healthy work-life balance
- Rich benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, and 401(k) with company match
- Cool perks such as gym membership discounts and flex spending accounts
- A chance to be part of a talented, hardworking, driven, and most of all – fun team!