BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Required Education and Experience: Bachelors degree and eight plus (8+) years of experience in networking, IT, or other related fields preferred.
Required Certification: DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e. Security+CE, CySA+CE) or above.
Metronome is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Research, Development, Test and Evaluation Program in Dahlgren, VA. Responsibilities include maintaining multiple computing environments by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance, and managing network configuration consistency.
The Systems Engineer will provide engineering, design, and implementation solutions for multiple network architectures.
- Implement local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, & other data networks.
- Maintains network availability in multiple networking environments by administering Cisco campus based switching environments with fiber-based and copper-based Ethernet connectivity (1gig and 10gig).
- Installs, manages, and maintains Cisco switching components to support campus, wan, and distributed core architectures. Works with Cisco chassis based systems, internet circuit termination equipment, and advanced Cisco management tools.
- Manage Cisco Prime Infrastructure and analyze network health, workflow, access, information, and security requirements; performing router/ switch administration, interface configuration, and switching protocols.
- Experience with network routers and switches, and strong Cisco switch and router configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, 802.1x, ACLs, ARP, RADIUS, IPv6, DHCP, Intrusion Prevention, Authentication, and ISP circuit connections.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and system performance.
- Perform network modeling and analysis.
- Define diagrams and designs for business technology initiatives.
- Enforce policies for standardizing systems.
- Must have a strong background in Cisco switching and TCP/IP protocol analysis.
- Must be able to maintains and monitor core backbone network services in multiple computing environments by identifying network connectivity requirements; performing network upgrades; monitoring network devices and logs, managing wired network connections, and managing network backbone infrastructure.
- Familiarity with researching communication networks.
- Must have strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, good documentation skills, ability to write clear, concise project reports.
- Ability to function with minimal instruction or supervision, or as a part of larger team reporting to formal project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Preferences: Top Secret clearance is preferred.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills