Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Construction Foreman / Sr. Operator - Remote
- Job Title
- Construction Foreman / Sr. Operator - Remote
- Job ID
- Rockville, MD 20855
- Other Location
Position: Foreman / Sr. Operator - Operational Services - This is a hands-on position directly running day-to-day civil construction projects in which you will be leading staff, operating equipment and performing construction tasks. We are looking for an experienced foreman/operator to oversee for projects that range between $150k-$2M in budget and 1-3+ months in schedule.
Industry: Operational Services
Location: Location is flexible all along the east coast - will deploy to assignments from your home, with current projects in New England/Connecticut area. There will be multiple projects per year and successful applicant will be required to travel 100%. This position will report to a Project Manager or Construction Manager.
Compensation: Up to $35/hour, depending on experience
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Your Responsibilities as a Construction Foreman / Sr. Operator:
- Operate hand-held and heavy construction equipment.
- Ensure project work quality, safety performance, timelines, and budget are meeting expectations
- Ability to read site plans (and have a firm understanding of elevation grades) and ensure compliance with project technical specifications
- On Site management- oversee and verify the project is being executed per the schedule, plans and specifications; identify conflicts and offer remedial solutions; Oversight of Sub contractors needing supervision or receiving of job site materials; and pickup or delivery of job site materials
- Project communications- within team, vendors and clients; ability to create Work status reports in Adobe or Word document formats
- Supervise field services team/unit and subcontractors
- Ensure safety of direct reports and sub-contractors
- Write reports, and work plans
- Actively develop your own career growth
- Apply construction and regulatory compliance techniques.
- Ensure safe work practices on all project work.
- Actively develop your own career path.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- Someone that communicates well and is dependable that we can count on to complete the job right within scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- 5+ years of commercial (non-residential) civil construction experience.
- Minimum of 2,000 hours experience with the operation of heavy construction equipment (e.g. skid loader, backhoe, excavator), hand tools.
- Ability to travel for projects ranging from 1-3+ months. Weekend travel home possible.
- Knowledge of sediment and erosion control.
- Ability to work independently, communicate and problem solve with Apex Project Manager and General Contractor staff and provide subcontractor oversight.
- Able to perform manual labor.
- Ability to Lift 60lbs
- Hazardous Waste/Material
- Work in Confined Spaces
- Work in Inclement Weather
- General carpentry and plumbing experience is helpful.
- CPR certification preferred.
- OSHA 10, 20 or 30 required, HAZWOPER certification preferred but not required.
- Comfortable using pickups/equipment trailers.
- Good driving record.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.