- Job Title
- Floor Supervisor
- Job ID
- Matthews, NC 28105
- Other Location
To provide leadership, oversight, support and accountability to direct care staff in Thompson residential programs.
- Serves as a standard bearer for positive attitude and high morale through their interactions with clients, families, staff and leadership.
- Exhibits CARE principles, culture and philosophy in all their interactions.
- Serves as the cottage’s leadership point of contact whenever Program Supervisor is absent or out of the office.
- Serves as a role model and the “go to” leader for all direct care staff on shift. Floor Supervisors should be able to assess the immediate needs of the milieu and the direct care staff and ensure those needs are met.
- Proactively prevents crises from happening by ensuring all staff are actively engaging with clients and following the daily program schedule.
- Works alongside Program Supervisor to ensure adequate staffing coverage of all shifts, which includes creating and communicating out staffing schedule, finding coverage as needed.
- Provides group supervision to cottage staff including ad hoc trainings/re-trainings/debriefings and scheduled monthly supervision
- Provides direct coaching, modeling support and supervision for direct care staff as they perform their duties on shift
- Supports on-the-job coaching and remediation, as well as serves as liaison for staff, providing feedback during performance evaluation, as well as follow up. In conjunction with the Program Supervision and/or Director, will support and facilitate staff meetings with cottage staff, Therapist and Supervisors. Conducts team or individual meetings to update staff members on best practices.
- Provides accountability to direct care staff through documented performance notes and corrective actions, up to and including recommending termination of low performing team members to Program Supervisor. Floor Supervisor cannot independently execute a termination, that will be the responsibility of the Program Supervisor.
- Coordinates milieu/program activities that are developmentally appropriate and trauma-informed for the population served.
- Ensures Residential Care Specialists uphold the standards of a therapeutic milieu, including ensuring a non-punitive approach when working with clients.
- Oversees cleanliness and order of facilities by maintaining effective communication with manager and facilities department regarding all facilities needs or concerns.
- Responsible for briefing and debriefing staff members as they come on or off their shift.
- Responsible for briefing and debriefing staff members after all crisis interventions and restrictive interventions.
- Ensures appropriate supervision of clients is being provided by the staff as evident by teaching and modeling.
- Reports and responds to incident as required by policy, procedure and circumstances.
- Supports the implementation of effective crisis co-regulation strategies that minimize the usage of physical restraints.
- May be expected to participate in Child and Family Team (CFT) meetings, as needed.
- Works with Program Supervisor and Treatment team to create an inspiring team environment with high morale.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field with a minimum of two years of population specific experience working with clients with emotional difficulties ideal for this position. Must have the ability to respond effectively within and cope with an environment that can be extremely stressful on the mind and body. Must be QP to qualify for a Floor Supervisor. Position requires all staff to be at least 18 years of age to work in this program when serving client populations ages 6 – 13 and at least 23 years of age to work in this program for client populations ages 12 - 17. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record in accordance with the Agency driving policy.