- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job ID
- Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Other Location
Project Manager – Santa Cruz
Come work for a growing Company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
Downtown Streets Team has been rated one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!). We strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
We’re looking for a full-time Project Manager in our thriving Santa Cruz community. With the support of the Chief Program Officer, The PM is responsible for the recruitment and management of staff and a community based direct service program to include; development and maintenance of local city, county and business relationships, development and maintenance of funding sources and budget, Team Member recruitment and the development and facilitation of weekly Success Meetings. As well as working directly with Team Members to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency through strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, while managing priorities and workflow.
The wellbeing of our employees is very important to us and we support a healthy work-life balance. The schedule is based on a regular Monday – Friday work week. The job will primarily be performed in the field, with some office hours. Flexibility and local travel is required, dependent upon the needs of the Team Members and work related events such as staff meetings and community events.
- High school diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related case management experience to include performance management of direct reports.
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills and ability manage priorities and workflow
- Demonstrate leadership, adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent listening comprehension, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation and the scientific method
- Intermediate math skills and the ability to manage an annual budget
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint programs
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
Spanish fluency is a plus
This position is located in Santa Cruz, CA
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
- Writing, reading, speaking in English
- Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations for budgeting
- Generous Salary
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
- Flexible schedule
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- Unique culture and passionate coworkers
- Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) fluency