Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full Time - Overnight Shift)
- Job Title
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full Time - Overnight Shift)
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Certified Respiratory Therapist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist:
- Ability to provide respiratory therapy methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to coordinate and organize work in a professional manner.
- Ability to provide technical and clinical support in the therapeutic delivery of medical gases administration, pulmonary airway management, ventilator care and diagnostic services activities.
- Must be able to learn new and developing electrocardiographic techniques and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of basic cardiac life support techniques.
- Ability to operate ECG equipment, including trouble-shooting procedures.
- Ability to operate computer terminals.
- Ability to recognize ECG abnormalities and life-threatening arrhythmia.
- Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
- Required Skills