Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Denver, CO 80111
- Other Location
The LPN supports the physician in the provision of patient care, to include delivery of patient care, collection of ongoing patient response to care, patient education, assists with clerical duties, obtains and organizes medical records and maintains patient care documentation in EMR.
- Room patients and assist during consult and follow-up patient visits, to include obtaining and recording patient vital signs: pulse, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height
- Schedule and assist with weekly visits for current on-treatment patients
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits
- Request, obtain and organize patient information and keep records updated with relevant data to include: diagnosis, staging, diagnostic studies, pathology, medical history, medications and allergies
- Schedule outside labs, diagnostic studies and other follow-up as requested by physician
- Prepare preliminary Consult, Follow-up and End of Treatment notes for physician utilizing established templates
- Maintain effective communication with the medical personnel, patient and patient’s family
- Occasional collecting of samples from patients, which include blood and urine
- Track and maintain inventory of clinical supplies
- Maintain records and assist with scheduling of BLS training, and administeringTB testing, and Flu Vaccinations
- Complete FMLA / Disability / Handicap Parking / Return to Work and route appropriately
- Initiate / receive / triage/ transfer / follow-up /document on patient and clinical related phone calls
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Perform any other functions as required by management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Possess a valid LPN license.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working within an EMR
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- Ability to work an 8:00am – 4:30pm M-F daily schedule
- 1-2 years in an oncology setting
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating standard clinical equipment. Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize duties, multitask and complete assignments within an environment with continually shifting priorities. Good understanding of pathology, MRI, CT and bone scan medical terminology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee has an environmental risk of biohazard exposure and a minimal possible risk of radiation exposure