Sr. Staff Accountant
- Job Title
- Sr. Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Howard University Hospital Finance department handles the core accounting responsibilities at the hospital. As a member of this team, you know General Accepted Accounting principles and the full accounting processes. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to ensure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Finance department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced, high growth environments, and the ability to work with a team.
What will you do?
- Performs balance sheet and income statement reconciliations, prepares and posts standard journal entries, and performs account analyses to respond to customer inquiries regarding general ledger balances.
- Effectively participates in the financial statement close meeting for the entities to which they are assigned.
- Contributes to the production of HUH’s internal financial report book and responds to standard requests for information during the conduct of HUH’s annual financial statement.
- Manage and prepare monthly Grant reporting. Manage special purpose funds for tracking expenses and revenues.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in financial records and analysis
- Advanced understanding of accounting and finance practices and large accounting systems.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Health care experience desired.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
3-5 years’ work experience in financial records and analysis
Advanced understanding of accounting and finance practices and large accounting systems.
Advance knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Health care experience desired.