- Job Title
- Aircraft Mechanic
- Job ID
- NAS Lemoore, CA
- Other Location
Aircraft Structures Mechanic
SSE is a leading technology company serving St. Louis, MO and Jacksonville, FL for over 30 years. We develop aviation courseware training, virtual training environments, technical publications, and supply personnel to the aerospace industry for some of the most advanced military and commercial aircraft platforms. We are seeking a skilled Aircraft Structures Mechanic to join our team in Jacksonville, FL.
This aircraft mechanic's responsibilities include: Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes. Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment. Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components. Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements. Oversees training. Works under general direction.
Positon is first shift, but may require second and third shift and overtime as required by management.
- Aircraft repair/mechanic experience, prefer military experience
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, technical manuals, and other engineering drawings
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team with diverse cultures
- “This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.”
- Must be able to obtain US Secret clearance
- 40 hour work weeks, flexible schedule
- Weekly pay checks
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 13 PTO days per year
- 401k plus company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans