Assistant Teacher - Early Childhood Development Center
- Job Title
- Assistant Teacher - Early Childhood Development Center
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28211
- Other Location
Our Child Development Center is seeking Assistant Teachers for a wonderful teaching experience involving all levels of child development. Must have the ability to promote the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional well-being of the children we serve through holistic daily programs designed to enhance healthy age-appropriate development. Must have knowledge of regulations governed by NC Division of Child Development, and Mecklenburg County Health Department.
What we offer:
• We offer a very competitive and generous benefits package
• Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short/long term insurance, 401k retirement, PTO
• Voluntary Enhanced ratio which means a smaller teacher to child ratio
• Opportunities to grow with the agency
• Classroom iPads for lesson planning and written communication
• Teacher resource room
• Tranquility room for 10 minutes of relaxation on breaks
• Access to Lifetime Fitness paid if monthly requirements are met
Education and Experience Requirements: This position requires an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent schooling to meet the state requirements to work in an early childhood education center in North Carolina. Two or more years of early childhood education experience ideal. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test and an extensive background check is required.
Physical Requirement: Will frequently perform a wide variety of physical tasks such as standing, walking, running, stooping, bending, and lifting of children, which requires strength, coordination, endurance, and agility. The employee must be agile enough to control and rapidly extricate him/herself and children from buildings in case of an emergency. Persons with any medical problems such as joint problems, obesity, arthritis or cardiopulmonary conditions, where it would be unwise or not possible to engage in moderate physical exertion should not be considered. No phone calls please.
Thompson seeks to maintain an inclusive diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.