Licensed Practical Nurse 2020/21
- Job Title
- Licensed Practical Nurse 2020/21
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to provide school-based services Full Time & Part Time in Chicago, IL.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for Futures Education, you will be providing school-based services to children in Chicago. You will also have the additional support of the therapist-owned and operated management team at Futures Education.
As a member of our team, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will have the opportunity to improve the lives of children. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide direct nursing services to medically fragile students and other duties as assigned under the supervision of a licensed registered nurse. Duties are to be performed in accordance with the standards of professional school nurse practice, district/state and the State of Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Principal Accountability:
- Provides direct health services to students according to their IEP/504 plans.
- Monitors and provides appropriate care to medically fragile students to and from school and throughout the school day.
- Maintains safe and healthy environment for all students.
- Maintains health records in accordance to the school records policy.
- Records progress and maintenance of care to assigned students and submit this data electronically daily.
- Works cooperatively with all school personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the certified school nurse, health service nurse assigned to the school building and/or the nurse manager.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess thorough knowledge of the principles of licensed practical nursing, knowledge of medical terminology and use of basic medical equipment.
- Excellent clinical skills and the ability to work with school-age children.
- Good verbal, written, and computer, and communication skills are a must.
Futures Education is a unique organization that provides management and clinical staff to schools located in several locations throughout the United States. First and foremost, we are hands-on practitioners and educators, committed to best practices, research, and data-driven decision making that provides authenticity to our work and allows us to provide unparalleled service to our client partners. Futures Education is therapist owned and operated, and our mission is to build better lives.
Each day offers a chance for us to improve someone’s life. Do you want to help make a difference? Reach out today!
Apply directly at www.discoverfutures.com or Contact Chris McDaniels in Talent Acquisition at 904-295-2963
- Required Skills
At least 1 year of pediatric experience and excellent clinical skills.
Experience working with students with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
State of Illinois Licensed Practical Nurse License required.
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate required.
Pharmacology certificate required.