BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Data Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Required Education and Experience: Minimum four years of experience and a BS degree in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or another quantitative discipline
- Collects large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
- Cleans and validates data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Analyzes data to identify patterns and trends
- Devises and applies models and algorithms to mine the stores of big data
- Interprets data to discover solutions and opportunities
- Strong client engagement skills
- Experience with languages such as Python, R, SAS, and SQL
- Experience with version control systems, including Github or Gitlab
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying analytic software and algorithms
- Experience with open source Big Data tools including Apache Spark or Apache NiFi
- Experience with developing solutions and integrating, extending, and contributing to Open Source software
- Experience with entity resolution; Experience with Natural Langue Processing using modern deep learning techniques
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills