BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Enterprise Architect (TOGAF/DODAF)
- Job Title
- Enterprise Architect (TOGAF/DODAF)
- Requirement ID
- Pasadena, CA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance:None
Required Education:Undergraduate Degree
5 or more years of experience with Enterprise Architecture
The Software Systems Engineer for will be responsible for defining, upholding, and promoting the vision of the IT architecture and solutions across JPL IT information systems. The position will be responsible for ensuring best practice of the overall and strategic design, development, testing and implementation of JPL information solutions. The position will work closely with the other Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, IT System Engineers, and Project Managers. They will guide and support the delivery of new IT solutions making sure the new technology platforms are appropriately used. The architect will leverage their technical skills and experience to develop cost effective, timely solutions to meet functional and performance requirements while focusing on reuse.
This individual will plan for the future state of the information systems portfolio and the business capabilities it provides. The person will be responsible for helping drive application, infrastructure, communications and security industry standards and best practices; perform industry bench-marking; keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies, including AWS and Azure; provide guidance and direction to the various development, customer, and business groups on infrastructure and security technology standards that drive quality and performance and support the OCIO strategic plan; and ensure that applications, infrastructure and security needs are architected for total scalability and performance.
- Develops and maintains current and planned state architectural documents such as Domain road maps, Standards, Patterns, reference architecture/implementation documents for Enterprise Applications. Develop strategies, road maps, standards and reference architecture/implementation for Enterprise tools.
- Understands and transforms business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications for reliability, scalability, security and integration.
- Solves complex problems with many variables using various security, network, storage, and compute platforms.
- Develops full-stack and reference architecture designs for infrastructure across hybrid environments inclusive of cloud platforms.
- Participates in the development of governance processes to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly for the infrastructure landscape.
- Documents existing systems architecture and technology portfolio to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- In partnership with the IT leadership team, identifies opportunities and risks for architecting the company's applications or infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, total cost of ownership, benefits and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
- Leverages industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security and integration for the enterprise.
- Defines solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), micro services patterns, automating business process models and cloud based services.
- Designs message- and event-driven architectures. Creates prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications.
- Interacts with business units in response to service requests; researches and gathers all necessary details to determine functional requirements to meet project user's needs.
- Works closely with other Solution Architects/IT System Engineers/Developers to ensure consistency, compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans, quality of solutions and knowledge sharing.
- Assists in evaluating CoTS and SaaS offerings
- Develops standards for the evaluation of CoTS and SaaS offerings
- Participates in highly complex or impactful operational incidents to ensure proper response and resolution to issues and errors. Stays abreast of how information technologies are currently impacting and driving competitors and provide recommendations and subject matter expertise regarding industry trends, technology and tools / services.
- Provides mentoring on advanced technology concepts and technical capabilities Information Systems staff.
- Provides leadership in creating, maintaining and marketing the architectural vision and direction of information technology under guidance from the CIO.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Typically, 5 or more years of experience with Enterprise Architecture
- Experience with standards such as TOGAF and DODAF
- Excellent consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Advanced interpersonal skills, communications skills, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to present and discuss complex technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding and approval
- Graduate degree in Information Systems, System Engineering, Cloud Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture tools like Visio, Abacus
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills