Option 2: Create a New Profile
Software Engineering Manager, Catalog
- Job Title
- Software Engineering Manager, Catalog
- Position ID
- Irvine, CA
- Other Location
Using modern web technologies, and best practices this individual will develop most effective solutions to the technical challenges we face to ensure a scalable, well-functioning, and highly performant platform that will help us achieve our business goals. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of software engineers and identify needs, new opportunities and aspire to increase the quality of our engineering work (through new technologies, processes, and approaches). You can understand all necessary tools and activities to grow our B2B platform from an early stage, to an international, highly scalable large-scale, distributed web application. Additionally, you understand that our agile approach demands flexible, yet stable, and highly testable (and tested) code, and you enjoy training, and mentoring other engineers.
- Responsible for setting strategic direction for these services and ensuring that they integrate well within the ecosystem of enterprise solutions.
- Daily management of mission-critical applications in production: provide support and daily engineering support.
- Manage multiple concurrent development projects, including development of new applications and product evolution for existing applications; deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering managers and stakeholders to help deliver features and capabilities that span across multiple projects and teams efficiently and effectively.
- Hire, manage, develop and mentor team of backend, frontend, and full-stack software engineers.
- Responsible for operational and functional integrity of the platform and applications: setting and meeting SLA’s; continuous improvement in quality and performance; developing, monitoring and reporting on key operational and performance metrics.
- Architecting solution for various technical problems as they occur.
- 8-10 years of work experience of software design and development
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading complex projects distributed across multiple teams
- Minimum 2-4 years managing software engineering teams, directly or indirectly
- Experience in design and development of full stack applications & platforms
- Experience in design and development using object-oriented techniques.
- First-hand experience designing & developing highly scalable web services
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buy-in from business, operations and peers.
- Experience working in agile and scaled agile (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Object-oriented programming in a modern web language (such as PHP, Python, JS, Go; PHP preferred)
- Experience delivering applications using current methodologies and tools a big plus (cloud, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, GitOps, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time. Only candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Copyright © 2020 Sourceability. All rights reserved.