BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Knowledge Management Specialist
- Job Title
- Knowledge Management Specialist
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED with 10 years’ experience
- Associates with 8 years’ experience
- Bachelors with 6 years’ experience
- Masters with 4 years’ experience
- PhD with 2 years’ experience
Knowledge Management Specialist use both words and visual aids to explain difficult concepts, often to nontechnical audiences. Work products for Knowledge Management Specialist include instruction manuals, process documentation, and quick reference materials. Whether they support internal or external customers, knowledge management specialists’ ultimate goal is to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner. While knowledge management specialists may write about a very wide variety of topics, their duties tend to fall into several functional categories:
Study Products and Processes
Much of a knowledge management specialist’s job consists of learning the information they need to communicate. This can come in the form of observation, formal training sessions, or other research. KM specialist may use products or observe processes in action to gain a better understanding of them.
Consult Subject Matter Experts
Knowledge Management Specialists frequently work with administrators, engineers, and others responsible for key processes to gain an understanding of their subject matter. The information elicited from interviews and other communications provides the foundation for the final written product, although a significant amount of “processing” is typically required.
Produce and Maintain Documentation
Knowledge Management Specialists produce documents that distill complex technical concepts for a broader or less technically experienced audience. Some documents used internally to help train employees or provide uniformity for large organizations. Others, such as end-user manuals, designed for a general readership. Knowledge Management Specialists also maintain existing documentation and keep it up to date as products or processes change.
This hands-on role requires great attention to detail, excellent organization skills and flexibility to pivot between highly visible customer priorities to meet deadlines.
- Develop Knowledge Management materials by completing thorough research, analyzing educational resources and assessing the needs of Agency.
- Confer with stakeholders and leverage Service Desk problem ticketing data to identify trends where increased and/or modified Knowledge Management documentation is required.
- Maintain schedule of planned Knowledge Management and related document releases.
- Gather and research graphics and imagery for multi-dimensional messaging.
- Write strategic, clear, and concise copy with the ability to adapt to specific and targeted audience.
- Explanatory writing skills – technical writers must be able to convey complicated ideas to non-expert readers with clarity and a minimum of obscure jargon.
- Information gathering – whether they’re reading existing literature, interviewing subject matter specialists, or analyzing processes, technical writers conduct extensive research to prepare for their writing tasks. The ability to absorb complex information and compile good working notes is important for successful technical writing.
- Graphic design – a technical writer may employ a variety of charts, diagrams, and other visual aids to help communicate technical concepts.
- Editing – technical writers work together by reviewing and editing each other’s work to improve its clarity and consistency.
- Familiar with customer / mission.
- Analyzing Data and Information — identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills