BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (with ability to obtain a CI Poly)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Functional Responsibility:The Contractor shall provide a Senior Systems Engineer that has proven experience in server-side Representational State Transfer (REST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), and OGC web services.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of experience performing parametric analysis of an IT system and using the results to recognize when interface impacts may occur
- 5 years of experience with AWS and Content Delivery Systems (e.g., Akamai), and related high-availability solutions
- 5 years leading an operations team that will utilize core servers to monitor the systems’ CPU load, memory load, disk user and application status.
- 5 years of experience providing operational availability of a web-based application using Agile, Extreme, or related self-managed, rapid software delivery techniques
- Master’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in developing REST and/or SOAP services and understanding of Application Programing Interfaces (API) integration.
- 1 year of experience with successful design and implementation of advanced enterprise cloud based mobile applications.
- 3 years of experience with container/cloud/APIs.
- 1 year of experience with geospatial products, metadata, and web service types (OGC and ESRI)
- Agile Certification (Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP or SAFe Scaled Agilist)
- AWS or other cloud Certification
- Security +
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills