BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Editor / Production Control Officer
- Job Title
- Editor / Production Control Officer
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC 20032
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a relative field.
Minimum 5 years of experience in proofreading or editing
The purpose of the position is to provide editorial support by adhering to publication and production standards as provided by the Directorate for Analysis (DI) and the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) for the Defense Intelligence Digest (DID).
- Review proofs and final versions of the daily DID and Ad Hoc Edition DID publications.
- Eliminate errors found in the layout and/or graphics after review by the late editor.
- Assist in verifying facts and content for all DIDs published.
- Send the final DID product to the graphics designers; save the final version into the DID Shared Drive; and provide Daily Status Reports of work accomplished, issues encountered, and how they were resolved.
- Review and update the existing standard operating procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiarity with Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) SMP standards.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 11:00am to 7:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills